Monday, March 30, 2009

glass

I bought MarieLu Original cookies and an Alt Bamber Dunkel at the 24 hr. market by me. The cookies are those thin, sometimes buttery, plain cookies that you only get in europe or international grocery stores. I muy like them.

I thought I'd see if I could get cash back and avoid the withdrawal free of 3 or so $s. As expected, the communication didn't go so well, and it turned out I had to purchase at least 10 Eur. of items to use a card. I went to the ATM, came back, and the guy at the front grabbed my crackers and beer for me.

When he put the beer on the counter we both heard a CRACK, it was the glass top of the counter. I looked worried, and he made a "woops" face and smiled. There was a big dent on the edge of the counter top now. I just want to know what willresult from that.

When I go back will that crack be fixed? Could someone cut themselves on it (I don't think so)? Is he going to be held accountable for it? How's it going to work, or, what I really mean is: how will it work here versus how would it work at home?

Maybe when my spanish is better I'll find out.

1 comment:

  1. bring back cookie souvenirs, please

    -xine

    ReplyDelete