Sunday, March 29, 2009

homeless

There aren't many homeless in Madrid.
Or they're good at hiding
Or they're bad at begging
Or they're inside hospitals
I don't know because I don't know Spain,
but I don't see many homeless in Madrid.

__________________________________________

I think I should learn a bit about Spain in order to better understand what I see, or, feel like I understand it. I mean, I could read a Rush Limbaugh book and walk around the US and think, "ohh, this poverty is because they don't have family values. I understand." you know and, I wouldn't really understand. Maybe this John Hooper book I have assigned is a bit better than a Rush book--also, maybe the NY Times is better than the National Enquirer, I should look into these things.

1 comment:

  1. Re. homeless - you just haven't been to the right hoods yet, there are homeless in Madrid, but probably less than in NY or any US city this size.
    Re. learn about Spain - I certainly hope that Hooper is way better than Limbaugh. Mercy! ;-)
    Saludos,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete